Friday, July 13, 2012

Start of the Blog...




Well I finally got a blog going. I am hoping that this will be an easy way to keep everyone up to date with what we are doing.  Especially since our facebook access will be very limited in China.  On this blog we can post pictures and videos so everyone can get a feel for what our life is like in Shanghai.

Gaylon and I will be teaching at Concordia International School in Shanghai, China.  I will have a classroom full of 2nd graders and Gaylon is teaching 6th grade Humanities (Language Arts and Ancient History).  And we are so excited to be moving back to Shanghai.  We miss our friends there and we will be living in a great little neighborhood called JinQiao.

  We are only two weeks out from the big plane trip and really that is what I am most worried about.  We are still waiting on our housing assignment, and I am getting anxious.  I really want to see our floor plan of the apartment so I can start planning. (you know me) So right now we are just trying to get an idea of what we will take and how we will get it there.  I am having nightmares of all the craziness that can happen with me, Gaylon, a 13mo old, a stroller, a car seat, 6 carry on bags, 9 suitcases, huge airports, and 24 hours of traveling!  It is all very exciting, but we just have to get there first!

No comments:

Post a Comment